Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


As I was saying before my computer decided to stage a revolt, I attended the launch of the Tony Duquette book and the holiday window unveiling party at Bergdorf Goodman Wednesday night. The windows were inspired by Tony Duquette and all I can say is the Bergdorf's has outdone themselves! They always have the most elegant, stylish, creative, interesting holiday windows but these are beyond beautiful. The leopard carpet was pretty crowded so I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. I think I may have to go back and take more detail shots because there is so much to look at and take in. I think the elephant might be my favorite.

The party was obviously the social event of the holiday season since it was packed to the gills with the fashionable and the fabulous. Linda Fargo of Bergdorf's looked amazing in her Duquette inspired ensemble. There were also a bevy of designers there to buy the special $250 limited edition boxed Tony Duquette book. I saw Antony Todd, John Barman and Steven Gambrel, who my friend and I chatted up. He really is the nicest man. Even Caroline Kennedy and her husband showed up!

If you happen to be in New York over the holidays, you must make a special trip to see the windows at Bergdorf's! And if you can't, you must definitely buy the Tony Duquette book. Either way, you will definitely be inspired by the most creative man who ever lived!













No comments:

Post a Comment