Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New You!

Right about now, you might be feeling like something the cat dragged in but it's the perfect time to take stock of 2007 and what you want to accomplish in 2008. For me, 2007 wasn't the worst year but it certainly wasn't the best. On the positive, I started my blog and met many amazing people. On the negative, I dated some not so great guys.

So here are my New Year's Resolutions:

  1. I resolve to date better in 2008. How I managed to date two men with serious drinking problems last year is beyond me but that won't happen again. Oh, and to the one I know who still reads my blog, I have one word for you...karma. And you better hope I don't run into you in the grocery store ever again because I might just run you over with my cart next time.
  2. I resolve to cut back on the diet coke in 2008. I don't do drugs or smoke so in the scheme of things, if diet coke is my worst vice, I think I'm doing okay but I know I should cut back a little.
  3. I resolve to go out more in 2008. I do a lot in New York but when you live alone, it's easy to loose motivation to go out sometimes. This year, I will not let myself get sucked into watching reruns of The Hills when I can be out doing something fantastic!
  4. I resolve to go to yoga more in 2008. I love yoga but I hate my gym so this year, I'm going to cancel my gym membership and find a yoga studio near my apartment so I have no excuse not to go when it's cold and rainy.
  5. I resolve to take a class in 2008. I always say I'm going to do this but never do so this year I will try to take a refresher course in French, finally learn CAD and how to make jewelry. Oh, and maybe a watercolor class too but that might be pushing it.
  6. I resolve to get my tear sheets organized in 2008. I have a million tear sheets sitting in cute little boxes under my couch and bed but when I can never find an article when I go to look for it so I will definitely need to come up with a new system.
  7. I resolve to cut back on the shopping in 2008. I already have a closet stuffed with clothes I don't wear so I'm going to clean it out and sell what I can on eBay and stop buying things I don't need. Good thing I bought those super on sale Christian Louboutin flats at Barney's yesterday when it was still 2007 ;-)
  8. I resolve to finish one book before buying another in 2008. This is probably my worst vice. I am always in the middle of at least two books at once and sometimes I never end up finishing them but this needs to stop. I also need to get rid of some books because I'm running out of space for them! But I did make room for one more, Write It Down, Make It Happen, and you should too!

In addition to making resolutions this year, I'm going to take a page out of Patricia Gray's book and write down what I want to happen in 2008. So here goes...

  1. I will find a new job in 2008. I think you already know this one but it's my number one goal for the new year. I've had a few people approach me but now I plan to contact everyone I know and start networking like there's no tomorrow. I know that I will find something this year whether it's working for a great designer or a magazine because I am going to make it happen!
  2. I will find a new boyfriend in 2008. There has got to be one normal single man in New York who appreciates art and design and who isn't gay and I know this is the year I will find him! If anyone knows any who are in the 30-40 year old range, feel free to send them my way! I'm currently accepting applications.
  3. I will spend my birthday in Paris in 2008. This was my plan last year but that never ended up happening so even if I have to go by myself, I'm going. But perhaps my new boyfriend would want to spend a long weekend in Paris this April. Or maybe I should organize a blogger weekend away. If anyone wants to go to Paris, let me know.
  4. I will move downtown in 2008. I really have to stop talking about how much I want to live in the West Village and just do it. Maybe my new job will pay me enough to afford the rent or I'll find a reasonably priced place. Whatever the case, I want to leave the Upper East Side, if for no other reason that to stop running into that wanker in Gristedes.
  5. I will be really happy in 2008! I know it's going to be the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment