Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New York Minute

It's a gloriously beautiful day in New York today...bright and sunny but not humid. A perfect day to take a walk at lunch which is what I did. I also stopped to pick up something to eat from my favorite place with the cashier who looks like Santa Claus and acts like it too. He always gives me free treats and always telling jokes. So I was walking back back to work in a good mood thinking about how great New York can be when all of the sudden I and all the other people waiting to cross the street were almost taken out by a speeding cab who was running the red light. That brought me back to reality very quickly!

The moral of this story is to always stay on your toes in New York because the minute you relax or become complacent, this city will try to flatten you like a pancake faster than a New York minute!

Photo by Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment