Monday, November 2, 2009

Cordelia Times Deux

When I first saw Cordelia de Castellane in her Paris apartment in the April 2009 issue of Elle Decor, I thought she looked familiar. She was featured in her old apartment in the March 2007 issue of House & Garden magazine. I remembered her because I posted some of the photos from that feature shortly after I started my blog in 2007! I have to say that I love her new apartment with it's "Louis XV Revival architecture." It looks a little more grown up than her last one but I guess a lot of has happened since 2007. She's gotten married again and her children's wear company, C de C, has expanded to include stores in Paris and other countries!

The other apartment seen in House & Garden had less architectural details but a few of the furnishings and accessories made their way to the new one including the vases on the mantle. They can now been seen on the bookshelves in the new apartment (below). The mirror by Elisabeth Garouste and Mattia Bonetti above the fireplace also made the move but unfortunately, I don't see it in any of the photos in Elle Decor.

Those windows in the new apartment are to die for and make me want to move to Paris tomorrow! The little pink table that is visible on the right of the photo was also seen in the old living room (below).

The living room table look like they also might be reconfigured in the new apartment but only three of them. The colorful Andy Warhol Marilyn silkscreens also made their way into into her the television room (below).

Continuing the theme of black walls from a few days ago, the television room is painted in Down Pipe by Farrow & Ball. The bright blue stools and table are from Ikea and add more color and fun to the room.

Since business is booming, I assume Cordelia has a real office now instead of desk under the stairs which was the case in her old apartment.

Looks like she kept her ghost chairs from her old dining table that was seen in House & Garden too.

I think the plum little bench might have also been a holdover from the old space. It's just barely visible in one of the photos from House & Garden.

It's a grown up apartment but it's full of fun like the Takashi Murakami flower pillows which brings it down to earth. Kind of funny since she has such a fancy lineage that includes counts, an ex-husband who is a Lanvin, a decorator mother whose best friend who was Karl Lagerfeld's right had man at Chanel for 15 years, and a cousin, Victoire de Castellane, who is the jewelry designer for Christian Dior. And I'm sure I'm leaving some out! I love seeing how a person's style changes as they move or grow older and Cordelia de Castellane was no exception. And it looks like we might get another chance soon. Cordelia and her husband are moving to a larger apartment across the Seine. Can't wait to see what they do next!


Photos by Roger Davies for Elle Decor and Pascal Chevallier for House & Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment