Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pop Paradise - Part Deux

I love it when when a great home is profiled by different magazines. It gives me a chance to see different rooms and angles and perhaps notice how certain aspects might have been added or changed. Such was the case with Lisa Perry's family summer home in North Haven, NY. I profiled this home a month ago in Pop Paradise based on the spread in Hamptons Cottages and Garden magazine and now Domino has profiled it in the September issue.

I don't usually love white walls but in the case of a serious art collector, they make the best backdrop, especially for the bright and colorful pop art that the Perry's collect. I also think it lends a light and airy feeling to the summer house.

For those of you who don't know, Lisa Perry has been an avid collector of vintage fashions and just recently began a clothing line based on this love. She and her husband are also avid fundraisers for quite a few charities and host many parties at this home.


The color for the custom kitchen cabinets alludes to the water and sky that can be seen in the epic views from all over the house. The perfect shade of blue actually came from the Merimekko pillows in the den below. Lisa definitely knows how to coordinate!

It's raining and dreary today in New York and I thought profiling this home would be the perfect pick me up. It's cheerful and fun and definitely the perfect pop paradise! I wish I was there right now!

Photos by Douglas Friedman

No comments:

Post a Comment