Friday, April 3, 2009

Dream Design Team

I was chatting with Stefan Hurray who writes the blog Architect Design last week and I mentioned to him that I finally met Miles Redd. Stefan, it turns out, is a big Miles Redd fan and he said that if he ever wins the lottery, he is hiring Miles to decorate his house. But then he said he might want Charlotte Moss to do one room. That was until I suggested that they each do a house. If it's a fantasy, you might as well dream big! Stefan was excited by the thought of Miles (example above) decorating his city home and Charlotte decorating his country house!

I'm not sure if Stefan had this in mind but I thought it was a very pretty example of Charlotte Moss's country house style. Since Stefan is an architect, the designers probably wouldn't be given free reign, since he admits that he is a very opinionated architect! (Aren't they all!)

The conversation got me thinking about who I would choose. I admire the work of so many designers, it would be hard to choose one but if I had them design different homes like Stefan, I wouldn't have to! The one interior designer I kept coming back to as I was thinking was Nate Berkus. I love that his designs fit the client and the space and always look personal and not "done." He also seems like he would be fun to work with since he has a great personality. That and the fact that he's friends with Oprah! Just kidding! I really think he would get my style and I especially love the apartment he helped to decorate for his boyfriend and designer, Brian Atwood, in Milan that was just featured in the April 2009 issue of Elle Decor (above).

Another favorite designer is Steven Gambrel. I loved every room in his West Village townhouse in the January/February 2009 issue of Elle Decor and he would be my choice to decorate my country house. I'm not usually a big fan of color and pattern in my city apartment so I might let him go crazy in the country house. Ok, maybe not totally crazy but a little crazy. I trust him.

After my post about India Hicks and her properties in the Bahamas, she's the only person I would want to help me with my beach house! I think the photos speak for themselves!

Since this is my fantasy, I would of course have a flat in London and I can't think of anyone else I would want to decorate it besides Veere Grenney. I loved everything about his home when I saw it in Australian Vogue Living and would move right in if I could. He incorporates art well in his interiors and that is very important to me.

Perhaps, I'd also open a private little club in London like Annabel's. If I did, it would mostly be because I would want David Collins to design a bar for me. His are hands down the best I've ever seen.

Last but not least, I'd want a little pied-à-terre in Paris. I was thinking that I might like Jacques Grange to decorate it but really only if he could find me a place in his building with the view of the trees above. That's the best part. I had considered Peter Marino since I love the Paris apartment of Giancarlo Giammetti that he designed but I'm not sure I could deal with the biker look he is always sporting.

After the homes, that leaves the yacht and private jet. I'll have to think about who would decorate those. If you're going to dream, you might as well dream big! That's what makes it so fun! So who would be on your dream design team? What houses would the decorate?

No comments:

Post a Comment