Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rumor has it...

I heard a rumor this morning that Paige Rense is retiring or being retired as the editor of Architectural Digest. I don't normally like to post rumors but this one comes from a very reliable source. David Patrick Colombia of New York Social Diary posted this information on Facebook yesterday and said they want YOUNG! I've heard this rumor for a while so I hope it's actually true this time. I've also heard many stories of how Ms. Rense would blackball any designer who appeared in another magazine. Just this past year, she took a designer's name off a charity event invitation because he was published in House Beautiful. And this was a designer with whom she was good friends!

My dislike of AD is no secret. If you've ever seen a foreign edition of AD, then you know how exciting and fresh it can look and feel. As it stands now, the magazine and it's photography seems flat and soulless. I am excited at the prospect of them reviving the magazine not just to reflect younger feeling but also so that it's in tune with the times. People are still spending money on their homes but those homes are usually much smaller than the celebrity mansions the magazine usually published. It will be interesting to see if this rumor turns out to be reality and who they choose as the new editor in chief. I for one am waiting with bated breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment