Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Graceful Sailing

I don't know if I am going to look as chic as Grace Kelly on my cruise but I sure am going to try!  On April 4, 1956, Grace along with 50 members of her family, friends and bridesmaids, 84 pieces of luggage, and her poodle boarded the SS Constitution on route to France and her new life as a princess. She was seen off by thousands including hundreds of members of the press.  The trip across the Atlantic took eight days and she passed the time playing charades, shuffleboard and walking her dogs on deck. When they arrived in Monaco, the ship had to anchor just outside of the harbor and Prince Rainier's yacht the “Avante II” was sent out to the ship to bring Grace ashore.  The rest as they say, is history.  But more importantly, does anyone have a poodle I can borrow? 
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment