Friday, January 8, 2010

Gerald Bland House Tour on New York Social Diary

I've been a little under the weather this week so I didn't get to write some of the posts I had originally planned. I hope to get caught up this weekend but until then, I encourage you to head over to New York Social Diary and check out the apartment of antique dealer Gerald Bland. I first met Gerald through Lizzie Bailey who you may remember from the fabulous bedroom she designed for the Hamptons Designer Showhouse this summer. She invited me up to see the Albert Hadley drawings they were selling. Gerald mixes modern and contemporary art with his antiques that makes everything look fresh and always makes me long for the day that I can afford to shop there for myself! Lizzie also used to work for Amanda Nisbet who is friends with Gerald and his wife Mita. It was at her cocktail party last year when I got to meet Mita Corsini Bland and find out that she is an amazing artist. Her beautiful watercolors illustrate the new book Sister Parish Design: On Decorating!

The best part of living in New York is all the wonderfully creative people that I get to meet and get to know. The Blands are a truly lovely couple and it was such a treat getting to peek into their art filled home. I encourage you to visit Gerald Bland Antiques the nest time you are uptown and you check out his "British" accent for yourself! Bon Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment