Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off the Beaten Path in Paris

A few of you had some great shoe suggestions for Paris that I had never heard of so I thought I should ask if anyone has any off the beaten path restaurants or shops we should visit. Obviously we plan to visit all the sites and other usual suspects such as Deyrolle, Colette, R & Y Augustie, les puces, Laduree and Pierre Herme, etc. I keep joking with Stefan that I am going to have to taste test every macaroon in Paris. Good thing we'll be walking them off! But if anyone has any secret gems, we'd love to hear them!

We didn't announce it before but we will also be attending the Maison & Objet home show while in Paris. When I was talking to Monelle Totah from Williams-Sonoma Home and telling her our plan to visit Versailles, she was the one who suggested that we visit in September so we go to the show. I hear it's amazing so we are also very excited because it means that many of our friends will be there too such as, Mercedes and Alberto from Etos and George and Jon from Flair! I can't think of any more fabulous people to share our trip with and I know it will mean lots of fun stories to report later!

We are staying in the Saint Germain area a block away from the Seine and the Pont Neuf which couldn't be any better for walking to all the sites. Everyday I wish I was leaving tomorrow! But I'm sure you are sick of me talking about Paris everyday so I promise to post about some other topics...for a few days at least! A bientot!

Photo from GoosieGoose via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment